Koh Samui is one of Thailand’s most beautiful islands, famous for its pristine white sandy beaches and azure blue seas. It’s easy to get to Koh Samui from Bangkok – there are numerous daily flights to Samui, and a wide variety of Samui hotels to suit all budgets.
Two airlines fly from Bangkok to Koh Samui: Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways. Find the best prices and latest flight schedules for Bangkok to Koh Samui from JetRadar – use the search box above to enter your holiday dates and compare prices. You can view dates for the month to see cheaper days to travel.
Alternatively you can fly to Surat Thani or Nakhon Si Thammarat with Air Asia and transfer by ferry to Koh Samui using Air Asia’s new Koh Samui Island Transfer flight and ferry combination ticket.
Check Availability of Hotels On Koh Samui
Koh Samui is a big island and has numerous beaches, each with its own atmosphere and style. There is a huge range of hotels to suit every taste and budget.
- Chaweng is Koh Samui’s busiest beach, very built up with lots of partying, nightlife and crowds
- Lamai is just south of Chaweng, more laid back and attracting an older crowd
- Bophut is a popular but chilled out beach on the north coast of Koh Samui
- Bang Por – some of Samui’s finest hotels are located on this relatively new beach in the north
- Mae Nam is the major backpacker area with a few top-end resorts sharing this northern beach
- Choengmon – Samui’s most relaxed and quiet area on the northern headland of the island
- Chaweng Noi (Small Chaweng) is a small, posh enclave directly next to Chaweng Beach proper
- Hua Thanon – a small beach in the south of Samui well placed for exploring the island
- Nathon is the small town where ferries arrive and depart from Samui – it’s authentic Thailand but few tourists stop here
- Taling Ngam – small, special area up in the mountains with spectacular views over the Gulf of Thailand
- Na Muang – home of two impressive waterfalls, Na Muang is a popular spot to visit and has a couple of guesthouses too